Responsible for the administrative and cost accounting functions of construction projects from start to close out.
- Prepare monthly draw packages to lenders and inspectors by processing monthly subcontractor and vendor invoices for hard costs and soft costs using Job Cost Accounting System (Sage 300 CRE) under critical deadlines.
- Work closely with Development team in monitoring and reporting soft cost budget results.
- Prepare checks for payment to Subcontractors and Vendors under strict guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance prior to payment (i.e. proper approvals, current insurance, receipt of all necessary contract documentation, supplier lien waivers and subcontractor lien waivers) and ensure timely payments are made by working with Sub/Vendor to resolve any issues that would delay payment.
- Prepare Subcontract Agreements, Purchase Orders and Change Orders using Procore.
- Manage the accounting of Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Change Orders using Sage 300 CRE and Procore.
- Update weekly Project Cost Reports for Project Manager’s weekly budget meetings.
- Maintain current and accurate Contract Status Reports.
- Coordinate the processing of Weekly Project Invoice payments outside of draw cycle.
- Process credit applications and check requests for fees, permits, utility deposits, etc.
- Assist Project Managers and Field Personnel with daily accounting and administrative needs.
- Manage and supervise all project filing from start to finish also including paperless system.
- Manage and supervise the Close Out of all projects to include Warranty documentation.
- Be team-driven and able to work with various departments and personalities.
- Provide support to all Construction Support Services partners.
- Exercise initiative or as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
- Comply with Westchase Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assemble resources and information for special projects upon request.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related study or a minimum of 2 years of experience in construction accounting.
Interested in joining our team? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you if your qualifications match an open position.